CINCINNATI2018 CONVENTION TIME CONTINUES TO CLOSE IN!
Less than 3 months to go before convention fun begins! Here is a reminder of some things you need “recomember” as you make your grandiose plans to visit the “Queen City”, beautiful Cincinnati, Ohio, USA:
1. As per our previous reminder, June 20 is the deadline for several tasks required for the running of the convention:
a) it is the last day we will be accepting registration materials from those unfortunates who waited too long to register – if you haven’t already done so, please register now so you don’t miss out!;
b) it is the last day for us to receive your Saturday night Hilton banquet meal choices (the choices will be sent out to all registered attendees within the next 4 weeks); and
c) it is the last day for you to formally RSVP your attendance at the Wednesday night pre-convention Chimp Tent meeting
Other points of nonsense but important nevertheless:
2. Goodie Bag Swag – please contact Karin Thikkurissy (contact details on page 2 of the convention registration form) if you would like to add some material to the convention goodie bags, which will be given to attendees upon in-person registration at the Hilton. Please ensure Karin has any materials you wish to send by July 3 at the very latest.
3. Trivia Contest – if you’re still thinking of participating on a team in this epic intellectual battle royal, please contact Rick Greene.
4. Convention day at the park – Friday morning we will be going to the Stone Steps picnic area at Mount Airy Forest for park activities (Babe Hardy Golf Tournament, PeeWee Contest, Cincinnati Cornhole Toss, “Me And My Pal” puzzle-making contest, and a catered lunch. July in Cincinnati can be HOT, so be forewarned and especially WEAR A HAT AND USE SUNBLOCK. Please. The ice cream we’ll be having for dessert is for eating, not slathering all over your sunburn. Please be careful. We mean this, and so does Ethel.
5. Scooter availability – for any of you who might require renting a scooter to enhance your mobility, here are two recommended local Cincinnati scooter providers:
a) Bernen’s Medical Pharmacy (1-513-471-7575). When phoning ask for “Tina”; if she is not available ask for anyone in the equipment depart (option 2 when phoning). The equipment department is open M-F 9-6 and Sat 9-5 EST.
They cannot reserve scooters more than one week in advance, so please call them within 7 days of your need of them at the Hilton. They will deliver the scooter to the Hilton ahead of time so that it is waiting for you when you arrive. Their most cost-effective rate is $100/week, which is less expensive than ordering a scooter per day since the convention lasts more than two days.
They will need your height and weight to ensure the proper scooter is selected for you. However, capacity on most of their scooters is 300 lbs., and you will need a different scooter if you weight
more than this amount. They only have one scooter available (at an additional cost) for such persons.
b) Queen City Med Mart (1-513-733-8100). Use option “zero” (0) when phoning them; “Mike Murphy” is the main contact but anyone else can also assist when you call. Open M-F 9A-5:30P and Sat 9A-4P EST.
They cannot reserve scooters more than 3 weeks in advance, so please call them within 21 days of your need of them at the Hilton. They will deliver the scooter to the Hilton ahead of time so that it is waiting for you when you arrive.
They currently rent scooters at $40/day and $99/week; they require a $225 credit card deposit for scooters delivered to hotels such as the Hilton.
They will need your height and weight to ensure the proper scooter is selected for you. Their scooter weight categories go from up to 260 lbs, 260-300 lbs., and 300-400 lbs.
We don’t mean to burden you with so much extraneous information but we just want you to have as much information as possible to maximize your enjoyment while at the convention. As always, your Cincinnati 2018 Convention Committee welcomes any questions you may have at [email protected]
Cincinnati2018 Convention Committee
Hosted by the Sons of the Desert Oasis no. 279, “The Chimp Tent”
Cincinnati, OH USA