On this first day of April we of Cincinnati2018 are no fools. We’re not the most clever people either, but at least we’ve all registered for the convention already, and if you haven’t done THAT then it’s time to get going or you may be forced to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous (mis)fortune.
STOP THE PRESSES! Yes, even though it is April 1 we are not ‘fooling’ when we ask your attention to address the following important convention registration and meal details:
- ALL REGISTRATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 20!
- ALL MEAL CHOICE SELECTIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 20!
- CHIMP TENT MEETING ATTENDANCE MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 20!
For the thrilling stories behind the above startling headlines see below:
1. We must receive completed registration forms and payments by June 20 to allow for preparation of the correct numbers of goodie bags, buses needed for transport, conveyance to our food providers of the number of meals required for each event, and so on. Your assistance and cooperation in doing this is greatly needed and will be immensely appreciated. We have only two words to punctuate this request: pull leeze!
2. Soon all who have registered will receive notices requesting your meal selection for the Saturday evening Hilton banquet; when you receive this email please select your preferred meal choice and reply by return email immediately. If you require a special meal preference you must indicate this in your reply. Please note that if we have not received your reply by June 20 it is not guaranteed that you will get your preferred menu item choice.
3. Those planning to attend the Wednesday evening Chimp Tent meeting must let us know your intentions for attendance by June 20 (if you haven’t done so already). If you only want to attend the Chimp Tent meeting and not the convention you should still let us know this so we can plan for the right amounts of the sumptuous snacks, nibbles, and hors d’oeuvres which should be left over and available during the meeting after Ethel has had first dibs on these food items.
Contact convention committee taskmistress extraordinaire Karin Thikkurissy about any and all of the above activities at [email protected] or call her at 1-614-718-3818 if needed.
And now we can get back to being goofy again…
Added attraction to the convention! Noted Laurel and Hardy author and historian and all-around nice guy Randy Skretvedt will be chairing an hour-long informal discussion/screening of any and all things related to his archival pursuits about the world of Stan and Ollie. You *may* be familiar with the wonderful latest edition of his book “Laurel and Hardy: The Magic Behind The Movies”, which of course is required reading and deserves to be on the bookshelves of any fan of Stan and Ollie. Randy’s talk has been sandwiched in after Irv Hyatt’s presentation on Saturday afternoon and before the costume banquet that evening. Another reason to come to Cincinnati!
Don’t put off any plans you have to attend the convention any longer – those discounted rooms at the hotel won’t be available much longer and when they’re gone, they’re gone.
Your convention organizers are available to answer any questions you may have at [email protected] Alternatively, please check the convention web site at https://www.laurelandhardy2018.com where you can get anything you want (excepting Alice) about the convention.
Ethel says the first one who knows about Alice gets a used banana peel from her (Ethel, not Alice…). We’re going now… until the next email update. Goodbye!
Cincinnati2018 Convention Committee
Hosted by the Sons of the Desert Oasis no. 279, “The Chimp Tent”
Cincinnati, OH USA